Saturday, August 15, 2015

Viking Blod

Dansk Mjod has created one of the most spectacular libations to have ever graced my taste buds. Viking Blod is technically a mead, or honey wine, and not a beer. However, they have added among other spices and flavors such as hibiscus, hops. So I am making an exception and posting this review. Besides, I am confident that once you try this, you will tell everyone about it as well.

Let's start with the basics. Viking Blod, as mentioned is a honey wine. It is described by Dansk Mjod as drinking like a good madeira. It boasts 19% abv, and in my opinion, drinks like a good port wine. I especially recommend drinking this after a good meal. The bottle recommends various serving suggestions, such as drinking it at room temperature, or heating it up like many meads recommend. However, I HIGHLY recommend drinking this chilled. I also found, that because this is not a carbonated beverage, if you don't finish the bottle, you can simply place the cork back in and pop it in your fridge. It may be tough not to finish the bottle though.

The overall experience was phenomenal. From the first pour, the aromas of the honey, spices and hibiscus all came together in a prophetic symphony that assured me I was going to enjoy tasting this. And the prophecy came true. The first sip was eye opening. Dansk Mjod create something truly special with this. It is, as you may expect, a heavier body, but still easy to drink. At 19% abv, you will have to pace yourself, and you wont be pounding it down like a refreshing lager. But sit back and just enjoy. You don't have to swirl this around in your mouth to get all the flavors working in harmony. And the best part is because of the honey content, drinking this will coat your lips in sweet sugary goodness. As you work your way through your glass, lick your lips and savor the moment. I cannot say enough good things about this drink, but I will say one more thing: GO GET SOME!!! learn more about Viking Blod and what else Dansk Mjod has to offer here!

No comments:

Post a Comment